Monday, September 15, 2008

Creating Something Special

I love when a customer requests a custom item. Not only do I have the opportunity to create something new and unique, I'm also incredibly flattered. Think about it. When someone asks you make something just for them - something that you don't already carry in your shop - it means that she likes your work so much that even though she didn't find exactly what she was looking for, she wants you to create something special just for her. It doesn't get much more exciting than that for a crafter!

Since opening my shop in July, I've created custom items for two fantastic customers. I just finished working on this cute little baby blanket that a customer is planning to give as a gift to a pregnant friend. I hope they love it! The other custom item - my first custom listing - was this adorable reversible half-apron.

3 comments:

  1. Those are both super cute! I really love the pear fabric on the apron, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kari! Glad you like them. :) And thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute apron. I just came here from an Etsy topic, I love your cute little peanut graphics!

    ReplyDelete