Monday, October 27, 2008

Craft Rat

I'm a "craft rat", which is something of a cross between a crafter and a pack rat. You won't find that term in the dictionary, of course. Trust me when I say I'm not the only crafter out there who agonizes over throwing away a 1-by-1 inch square of fabric, the last bit of ribbon dangling from the spool or mismatched buttons. Say it with me folks, "What if I need it later?!" Craft rats know that there's no greater victory than turning the odd scrap of fabric or random craft item into something fabulous.

Today I'm working on a doll quilt for my shop. This is going to be a miniature rail fence quilt, perfect for tucking dolls into tiny beds at night. Now, I don't have a long arm on hand so I'm not really sure yet what I'm going to do about quilting it. Right now, 
I'm sticking to the easy stuff: cutting out the pieces and stitching them together. I love these fabrics, especially those adorable little owls. I'll post more as the project moves along. 

Some of my previous scrap basket creations have made it into my shop, including my pretend play tea bags, pot holders and Boogie Buddies. A few of them have even sold, which just proves that even though my fabric stash is overflowing, it can actually pay to be a craft rat!

1 comment:

  1. Craft Rat! You have given my craziness a name and I love it. You are right that you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete