Monday, October 20, 2008

Riding the Roller Coaster

Owning your own shop is a bit like riding a roller coaster. Every new idea is incredibly exciting. You create the pattern, select your materials then carefully create your spectacular new *thing* that you're sure everyone is going to love. Then you reach the top of that big hill and... gulp... actually have to take the plunge and sell it. 

Suddenly, you're terrified! Did I price it right? Will someone find it to be useful/fun/gift-worthy? How's the cuteness factor? Were my materials too expensive? Am I crazy to think people will want to buy it?

All of those agonizing questions – and more – were running through my head today when I listed my newest creation: my first Contoured Changing Pad Liner Set. I still have another, boy-themed set to make. Hopefully, they'll resonate with new moms and moms-to-be. I know I would have loved to have a set of these when my daughter was little!

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved one of these too! Especially with a newborn! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete