Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mmmm... New Fabric...

I love the feeling I get when I step inside a fabric store. Time seems to stand still as I wander up and down aisles packed with soft cotton, luxurious minky and snuggly flannel. The pretty patterns, bright colors and smooth texture of the fabrics inspire project ideas and make me wish I had a bigger craft room to store all the lovely fabrics I want to buy.

The only thing that could possibly make the experience more enjoyable is walking into said fabric store armed with a gift card. And that's exactly what I did yesterday morning. With my daughter snuggled up in the mei tai on my back and a well funded gift card in my hand, I spent a wonderful early afternoon picking out fabrics that will soon be transformed into some lovely new items for the Baby and Kid Care section of my shop.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds so lovely. I know just what you mean, it is a wonderful feeling. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know exactly how you feel! Only I do it with yarn stores :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at fabric, but I'm not a very talented seamstress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gift certificate is a wonderful thing...beautiful fabric too >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, what a lovely adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sounds so wonderful! I miss wearing mine in mei tais!! I sometimes considered having another just so I could wear them. Enjoy it!! Wearing babies is a definite joy of motherhood.
    Oh, and gorgeous fabrics, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get the same feeling, except for me it is beads. Enjoy your new acquisitions!

    ReplyDelete