Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Etsy Mystery Box Arrived!

A few months ago, I discovered the Etsy Mystery Box in a thread on the Etsy forums. Another seller came up with the idea to pack a flat rate postage box full of supplies and send it on to other Etsians. Each recipient would take something out of the box and use it to make something for her shop, then post photos online for the rest of the group to see. Once the person was finished with the box, he'd add goodies from his own stash of supplies (fabric, beads, paper, yarn or whatever he has on hand) then ship it off to the next person on the list.

I'm excited to report that the Etsy Mystery Box arrived on my doorstep this weekend! My daughter and I had so much fun looking through all of the goodies packed inside, although she just liked pulling things out and putting them back in. After sifting through bags of shiny beads, pretty papers and nifty wooden "thingies" (what they're for, I have no idea!), I picked out some chocolate cotton duck fabric and yellow felt flower cutouts for my Mystery Box Project.

So what am I going to make? Well, I'm going to keep that a secret for a few days... at least until it's finished. But feel free to check out the Etsy Mystery Box Flickr group to see what others have made. And if you're an Etsy seller, you can even sign up to receive the box and join the fun!
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like so much fun! I wonder if I could get my name on the list? Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! I just tagged you over at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete