Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Mystery No More

I finally finished my Etsy Mystery Supply Box project today and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. What started out as a piece of cotton duck fabric and a handful of felt flowers has been transformed into an adorable – if I do say so myself – crayon wallet

The beauty of this project is that I didn't have to buy anything to put it together. The chocolate cotton duck fabric was perfect for the body of the wallet. Normally I'd line my crayon wallets with a neutral cotton duck, but I loved the color so much that I used it for the exterior. The little felt flowers look so friendly inviting – I simply glued then hand stitched them on to add a decorative touch to the wallet's exterior. And that sweet red fabric on the exterior? That's leftover from a doll quilt I made for my shop recently.

I had so much fun with this project, even though I was a bit nervous when I first opened the box. There are so many wonderful beads, wooden doo-dads, papers and yarns inside... but very little for a sewer to work with. Fortunately, the one piece of fabric in the box was perfect for creating my sweet little crayon wallet. I guess I know what I'll be adding to the box before I ship it out to the next Etsian... fabric!

5 comments:

  1. What a cool idea and what a wonderful outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love the crayon holder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crayon holders are a marvelous idea!( So cute too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute....I just added to my little ones wish list for Grandma...I told my family only ETSY this year for us....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your sweet comments! :)

    ReplyDelete