Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Handmade Tale - Part 1

My mom loved making special Christmas gifts for me each year. One year, she and my dad built and decorated a dollhouse. The year I turned 9 years old, she wrote, illustrated and bound a very special book just for me. It was a fairy tale called "The Princess and the Dragon", starring me as the heroine. She artfully wove in the names of my friends, family members, favorite toys, dolls and even the places I liked to hang out. 

Since it's nearly Christmas, I thought I'd share this little story over the next few days. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Stay tuned for the next installment of "The Princess and the Dragon" tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! It's really cool that you've kept the book all these years. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice gift, bet you treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely one of my most treasured possessions. :) Glad you've enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a special present! LOVE it!! those are the kind of gifts that are much more meaningful than store bought!! treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my GOSH Michelle! This is MAGICAL!!!! How your own daughter will adore this someday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete