Thursday, February 19, 2009

Market Intelligence

There was a time when bringing your own reusable bags to the grocery store meant two things:
  • The grocery clerk looked at you as though you just grew a second head when your response to the standard "Paper or plastic?" question was "No thanks, I brought my own."
  • You were forced to use ugly, mismatched tote bags your mom had been holding onto since the '80s.
Thankfully, those days (and hideous totes) are a distant memory. Most grocers now expect that many of their customers will bring their own bags. And reusable bags have undergone a style transformation, ranging from the practical canvas totes sold at your local grocery store to fun bags made out of old t-shirts. 

I was thinking about this other day when planning my next project for agent jane. Why not make a market tote that's both practical and chic? The result is this sunny – and very roomy – market tote.

Who wouldn't look smart with this bag on her shoulder? Grocery shopping (or a trip to the gym... or a day at the mall...) never looked so good!

3 comments:

  1. That's really cute! I'm hoping to get some fun new reusable bags soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true, now the grocer thinks I'm so ecofriendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, I thought it was a totally cute tote bag before I read that it could be used for groceries. Even better!

    ReplyDelete