Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sanctuary

After a week of craft show prep, my craft room was begging for mercy. Papers were strewn everywhere, the carpet was covered with thread trimmings and fabric could be found draped over nearly every surface. 

It was time for a major clean-up. 

I tackled the biggest problem first: the Pack 'N Play had to go. My daughter always hated it so we never really used it for anything other than blocking her access to the DVDs (it also made a messy catch-all for my craft stuff). 

After that, hubby and I hauled in my favorite red chair and moss-green ottoman to create a little reading nook in the corner, while still keeping the DVDs out of reach. I cleaned out my craft baskets, put everything away, and took a step back to admire my handiwork.

There it was: my own private sanctuary. I can craft, read and write in my little space. And hubby can bring his laptop in and hang out when I'm busy working.

I feel brilliant. Content. Relaxed.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, that sounds like the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I did the same exact thing on Sunday! My work room was a big mess of fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to start on my work space. Yours is an inspiration. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. now have a seat, make a mess, and start all over again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I love the fact that you have a comfy chair in your area!

    ReplyDelete