Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sweet Little Things

Last night I stayed up late making a sweet little toddler-sized smock for my daughter to wear when she helps me around the kitchen. 

I didn't have a pattern, so I made one up. Of course, I don't have any real pattern paper on hand, so I rummaged through my box of gift bags and recycled gift tissue paper to find some tissue paper to use. I discovered a sheet of Hanna Andersson tissue that came with a gift my little one received from a dear friend. I love finding creative uses for gift tissue paper – especially when it's this cute.

Around a 12:45 a.m. I finally finished it and couldn't wait till morning to see if she'd like it. Turns out, it was a perfect fit. She ran around the house in it all morning, looking so cute. Of course, she couldn't wait to test it out in her tower

I can already see the light dusting of flour on the front of her smock as she helps me make bread, grinning ear to ear.

3 comments:

  1. I agree - very, very cute. Looks almost like a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I'd love to see a photo of your little one in this!

    ReplyDelete