Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tiny Trees

Every once in a while I stumble across a fabric that I simply can't live without. This little gem was hidden at the bottom of a rack at JoAnn's - I spotted it while searching for some fabrics to use on a custom order I was working on this weekend.

I can't get enough of the tiny trees on this fabric. It's adorable and a little bit retro, reminding me of something my mother might have used to sew a dress for me when I was a little girl.

All I have left is a small strip – enough to make something small like a Crayon Wallet. But I can't help imaging all of the possibilities – maybe I'll have to go back and pick up more to make a smock or skirt for my daughter.

I like to think that perhaps 30 years from now my daughter will spot something similar in a fabric store and, like me, it will remind her of the little handmade goodies her mama made just for her.

9 comments:

  1. I saw and bought some of that same fabric! I haven't done anything with it yet, but I agree-it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!..cute, cute!

    Maybe you can transfer the image onto paper or photo paper, and then offer it up as a card set or invite set..?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you found that fabric at Joanns?! I never find anything that cute there! I guess I'll have to hunt a little harder next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe... it can be tough to find these little gems at JoAnn's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, this is very sweet. you have such a good eye for fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what cute fabric! I love the little trees, I cant believe there was some left in JoAnns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that really is some cute fabric. :) so cute in fact, that i had to comment and say so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At Joann's?? That is adorable. I may have to stop there on my trip out to the Post Office later.
    Yeah, like I need more fabric. lol

    ReplyDelete