Monday, May 18, 2009

Itty Bitty Boxers

Today was Day 1 of our potty training adventure.

This weekend, I whipped up a couple of pairs of flannel training pants for Miss C.'s doll. I think they look like itty bitty boxers - too cute! My daughter is absolutely in love with this doll that my mother-in-law lent to us to help with our potty training adventure. As it turns out, it was her childhood doll and she used it when potty training her own boys. It's at least 55 years old.

The plan was to follow the potty training in one day method, which got its start in 1974 with the book, Toilet Training In Less Than a Day, by Nathan H. Azrin, Ph.D. and Richard M. Foxx, Ph.D. I actually have a first edition copy in my possession, having borrowing it from my in-laws who used it on their own kids when they were toddlers. 

So far, Miss C. had three successful trips to the potty. We didn't exactly meet the goals set forward by the book, but then again, I never had my heart set on getting her trained in one day. All-in-all, I'm very content with the progress she's made so far. I'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

  1. Just had to say that we're potty training, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hope it's going well for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete