Monday, October 5, 2009

Diapee Bag

With only a few weeks until my due date, I suddenly realized that I needed to pack my labor and delivery bag. Of course, my sweet little daughter had recently commandeered my cosmetics bag for use as a "diapee bag" for her baby doll so I needed to somehow cleverly switch it out for a new doll-sized diaper bag. Tears were to be avoided at all costs!

After digging through my scrap baskets, I came upon a lovely chocolate brown corduroy and a coordinating Heidi Grace floral cotton print that I had used recently for a purse sold in my agent jane shop. A few hours later and I had whipped up this adorable little diaper bag and wipes case for my sweetie pie.

She discovered it on my craft table the next morning and was in love! She carries it around everywhere she goes and couldn't wait to show it off to her grandparents. (And... whew!... she forgot all about my cosmetics bag so I'm all packed up and ready to give birth.)

I know it's kind of cheesy, but my heart goes pitter patter and I feel all squishy inside whenever I see her playing with it. She's only 2 years old, but I'm just so touched by how much she loves this little bag I made just for her.

1 comment:

  1. That's so adorable... and the bag came out great too. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Much joy and happiness!

    ReplyDelete