Friday, January 15, 2010

I Dream of Heirlooms

It's Friday night and I'm ready to work on Miss C's "puzzle pieces". Here are the last of the finished blocks. It looks like I'm just over a third of the way finished. I'm really pleased with the results so far. I think it's going to be a really sweet quilt.

I know it's easy to please a 2-year-old, but I still want her to love it. More than that, I want it to be one of those memory-makers, like the beautiful handmade dresses, costumes and books my mom made for me. Something she'll tuck under her comforter in college or snuggle in when watching a movie on the couch.

I want it to become an heirloom.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love them! Just as another idea, tuck some fabric away securely, and when you get ready for grand kids you can make another quilt or item for them... I know it is forever away, but wouldn't that be great. Or, when she goes off to college and you make a quilt, sneak a piece or two into that : )

    I will follow your blog and watch for the finished treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I'll definitely stow away any leftovers. :) Thanks so much for your insight and advice in my thread earlier tonight. Thanks for following me... I'll be posting new blocks again soon!

    ReplyDelete