Friday, January 22, 2010

"I wore it."

I've really gotten a kick out of showing Miss C. each of the new quilt blocks I've made, and have been explaining to her where some of the fabrics came from. Recently, I pointed out the blocks that contain pieces of her dresses and told her that they came from her birthday dresses.

Me: You used to wear dresses made of this fabric.
C: I wore it! *Points to the pieces*
Me: That's right, sweetie.
C: I wore it. I wore it. I wore it. *Points enthusiastically to every piece on the block*
Me: You wore those too?
C: Yes!

You've got to love a toddler's creative memory. She was just beside herself with excitement that suddenly everything in the block came from a dress she had worn.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love that rose fabric on the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my favorites, too. It kind of has a vintage feel to it, even though it's a newer fabric.

    ReplyDelete