Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Old Nemesis

It's been 15 years since I last tried my hand at sewing knits.

I can still remember the overwhelming frustration. The rage. The tears. All because of a teal knit dress.

I ripped out seams. I consulted with my mother. I swore up a blue streak as the cursed fabric stretched and moved while I stitched. And I vowed that I would never again pick up a piece of knit fabric.

I managed to avoid knits for quite some time. Yet here I am 15 years later cutting out knit fabric for cloth diapers for Master W. I'm a much more experienced seamstress now, but that old fear is still there.

I'm hoping this time will be different. My new serger is on its way. I'm older and wiser. My sewing knowledge is far superior to what it was when I was a teenager.

It's time to conquer an old fear. I'm ready.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! What kind of serger are you getting? I really, really want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! I'm getting a Brother 1034D. :) I can't wait!!! I'll be sure to blog about it as soon as I give it a test drive.

    ReplyDelete