Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting Closer


A word of warning to all you first time quilters out there: you're going to be just as obsessed with the back of your quilt as you were with the front.

I had no idea!

It took me a few weeks to decide what to do about the backing for Miss C.'s quilt. While I had at one point considered buying one length of wide-width fabric, I quickly realized that a coordinating print was going to be nearly impossible to find. The selection of wide-width fabrics is simply too small... and too ugly.

I was going to have to piece the back.


Of course, after spending weeks piecing hundreds of small swatches of fabric for the front, I was rather reluctant to embark on another ambitious piecing project. So, I drew out a very simple design for the back using two coordinating prints.

I like the simplicity of the design, and I think it gives the quilt a slightly modern look.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun, I love quilting. :) That is so cute :)

    I made my son a sports T. quilt to take to college with him from all the sports he had played since kindergarten :) T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excelent choice on the back piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be taking a quilting class soon! So Lovely- I do like that it is more modern.
    -Alessandra

    ReplyDelete