Thursday, April 8, 2010

*Burp*

When I was pregnant with Miss C. I thought I knew just how messy this whole baby business would be.

I never realized that it would be years before I wore a perfectly clean shirt – all day long – again. Despite my best efforts, I find myself wiping spit-up off my sleeves, back, jeans, feet and shoes on a daily basis.

No amount of burp cloths will solve the problem, but every mama should have at least a few cloth diapers on hand to catch her baby's dribbles, drools and splats. Not only are they softer, they're also far more absorbent than virtually any commercially-made terry burp cloth on the market.

I was cleaning out my office yesterday when I came across a couple of organic cloth diapers left over from the days when I made baby care sets for my shop.

Never one to pass up a possible sewing project, I set the diapers aside and started digging through my stash for a fabric to decorate the backside of the diaper.

In less than an hour I had the perfect gift for my wonderful sister-in-law, who is expecting her first baby (a girl!) in July.

I hope you love them, J. Of course, I should warn you... that little baby is going to find a way to spit up on everything but the burp cloth on your shoulder. At least you'll look good wiping it off!

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome! too bad i don't have cloth diapers... (am having my first baby gal at the end of this month). i did just purchase a 2pack of burp cloths today. hope they work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your impending arrival! :)

    ReplyDelete