Saturday, June 11, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids


Today I heard about a tremendous opportunity that I'd love to share with you. The DC Modern Quilt Guild is launching its second annual 100 Quilts for Kids charity event. Quilt bloggers and Modern Quilt Guilds are invited to join in on this year's quilt drive, which is scheduled to take place from September 15 - October 15.

Participants are asked to make a baby or toddler sized quilt for donation to a local foster care program, domestic violence center, homeless shelter, children’s hospital, or local military family support organization, or other charitable organization.

Works in progress, new quilts, quilts made through quilting bees are all welcome. I have two baby quilts in progress right now. Now I have a end-date for finishing and donating them!

Looking for more information? Check out Swim, Bike, Quilt!'s post or the DC Modern Quilt Guild.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    I'm giving away a Shabby Apple Dress on my blog if you're interested. =)

    http://misstrixiesfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2011/06/shabby-apple-dress-giveaway.html

    Have a fab day!

    Warmly,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete