Friday, November 4, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Today is the very last day to enter Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival. This is my first time entering the festival, so it seems appropriate to enter my very first quilt for consideration.

This twin-sized quilt was a labor love, made just for my sweet little girl who was about 2.5 years old at the time. I took me four months to make, and is comprised almost completely out of scraps from my stash, fabric gifted to me from my mother, birthday dresses she wore on her first and second birthdays, and baby clothes given to her by her godmother.

I love that it was something I made, using fabric from the women in my daughter's life. And I love that she loves it.



11 comments:

  1. I'm sure this quilt will have very special memories for your daughter through the years. Continue to tell her the stories of the fabrics to help her remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute fabrics!

    Margaret
    msolomo1@maine.rr.com
    www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be loved for a long time. What a treasure you made her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love memory quilts. And I recognize the cherry print. We had that dress, too!
    She will cherish this forever!
    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, ladies, for your sweet comments. Sunni: wasn't that dress so cute? I hesitated to cut up her dresses at first, but then I realized that they'd just sit in a box in our garage if I didn't. Now we have that memory to look at every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors in your daughters quilt and something she will always treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Connie, for your sweet comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bright colors! You did an amazing job on your first quilt! I'm sure your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Quilting Lodge! It was a lot of fun to create an all pink quilt for her. :)

    ReplyDelete