Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Quokka Quilts Blogger's Choice FQ Bundle

There's a fun little contest sponsored by Fat Quarter Shop going on over at Quokka Quilts. Contestants pick their own fat quarter bundle using any 12 prints and 3 solids that can be found in Fat Quarter Shop's inventory.

I'm new at putting together prints for quilts since all of my finished quilts so far have been scrap quilts, but I couldn't resist joining in the fun. I like the idea of mixing up fabric lines when putting together a quilt. Entire collections are wonderful, but I think you really stretch your creative muscles when you force yourself to come up with your own "collection" for your quilt.

My bundle for the contest is inspired by one of my new favorite lines: Woodland by Natalie Lymer for Lecien Fabrics. It's so fun and cheerful. Wouldn't it make a delightful quilt?


  1. Woodland Red Toadstool Dots
  2. Remix Red Argyle Plaid
  3. Pimatex Basics Red Lovely Circles
  4. Weekend Clubhouse 2012 Red Petit Point
  5. Kona Cotton Rich Red
  6. Woodland Gray Toadstool Houses
  7. Remix Steel Argyle Plaid
  8. Stitch Organic Steel Tonal Patchwork
  9. Remix Steel Scatter Dots
  10. Kona Cotton Coal
  11. Woodland Olive Home Sweet Home
  12. Hall of Fame Olive Game Ticking
  13. Alphabet Soup Green Circle Up
  14. Crazy for Dots and Stripes II White Mini Dots on Green
  15. Kona Cotton Peridot

8 comments:

  1. I don't like Cinderberry's fabrics. Sob. I heart everything she does, but I can't love her fabrics. So I'm happy to see how fabrics choice can get it work! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that my fabric choices made it work for you! :) Isn't it funny how we can love an artist but not at all like something they make? Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead I love Woodland ... I think this fabrics are Magic and above all Nathalie is a magic woman.

    And I'm sure you too ^__*
    I love your choice ... great bundle list ... I'll buy it ^__^
    Thanks for your stop to my blog ... now I'm going to check out in your wonderful blog and works

    I wish you a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I perfectly agree. Thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric you chose!! The colors and prints are beautiful and go so well together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabriella: Thanks for your lovely note! I do love Woodland. The ones in my bundle are by far my favorite prints, though. I hope you have a wonderful New Year too! :)

    Ariane: Thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this bundle, it just flows nicely! The colour combo is great :-)

    ReplyDelete