Thursday, December 22, 2011

T.N.T. Thursday: A Dolly Gift Set

Tomorrow I get to meet my precious niece, Miss E., in person for the first time. She's 16 months old, and though we've Skyped a lot since she was born I've never actually held her or squeezed her cute little cheeks since my brother and his wife live in Texas and we live in Northern California.

And since my sister-in-law is expecting their second baby this summer, I thought that perhaps Miss E. will want some goodies to use to take care of her own baby doll (made by my mom as a Christmas gift for Miss E.) after her new brother or sister arrives. Miss C. carried her diaper bag everywhere we went after Master W. was born. She loved changing her bear's diapers and bundling them up for bed whenever I did the same for Master W. I'm hoping Miss E. will want to do the same with her own babies.

This is the first quilted bag I've attempted, and I'm completely in love with it. Every one of the fabrics was chosen from my stash. The one with the little girls and dolls was something that I won in a giveaway over at JAQS Studio. I think they all go so nicely together, don't you?

Inside the bag, Miss E. will find two doll diapers, three wipes and a doll-sized blanket (made using leftover scraps that my mother-in-law gave me after she finished Master W.'s cozy quilt). I hope Miss E. loves it as much as I do!

You can find this project linked up at:





9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is just going to love it!!! What a wonderful gift!!! I know my little girl would freak out over this :) Thanks so much for linking up and Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is so cute! What little girl wouldn't just LOVE it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet and what cute diapers! Sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies! It's been fun making something special for my little niece. I can't wait to finally meet her in person tomorrow! Merry Christmas to all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable! The fabrics are just full of cuteness. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OhioMomPatriot: Thanks for your sweet comment. I think the fabrics really made the bag and doll quilt extra special. The hearts fabric was used on a quilt I made for my daughter and the doll quilt fabric were scraps from a special quilt my mother-in-law made for my son. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea.....I may need to make something similar one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, they were all very easy to make. And a lot of fun! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete