Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fugly Fabric Party

***UPDATE*** 
Thanks for stopping by! All of my fuglies have been spoken for. Be sure to check out the rest of the fuglies over at Charm About You

I probably have more than my share of fugly fabric. Most of it was given to me by kind souls who know I like to sew... but maybe don't have the same taste in fabric as me. I've been trying to use it up or give it away, but I think it's been breeding because there always seems to be more hiding in a bin, a bag or underneath a project.
Thank goodness for the lovely Lucy over at Charm About You. She's hosting the Fugly Fabric Party and I simply couldn't resist the opportunity to give away some of my fuglies.

I've got two fugly fabric bundles up for grabs. I would love to swap for some of your scraps or something that you're not using in your stash. I'm working on a postage stamp quilt and would love a sandwich bag of some smallish scraps (they must be at least 1.5" square to work with my project) in the following colors: yellow, orange and red. You can check out my posts on the blues and corals I've worked on... or even see my ginormous pile of tiny squares for inspiration. 

So, now to the good stuff. The first bundle is made up of designer prints and while I think they're nice... they're just not me. Here's what's inside (clockwise, starting at the left):
  • Ritzy Stripe in Sky by Amy Butler (there are two pieces approx. 15 x 27" and 10 x 15") - this is more of a decorator fabric weight
  • Prairie Gothic Dusty by Jane Sassaman for Free Spirit (approx. 14 x 29")
  • Olive Rose in Bright Blue by Valorie Wells (approx. 17 x 29")
  • Knot Garden in Gray by Amy Butler (approx. 11 x 27") - another decorator weight
The second bundle is far more fugly. Not everything is designer (as far as I can tell), but you'll get a lot more yardage. I keep telling myself I'll use them for donation quilts (I'm not really into the browns or blacks), but honestly I still have a ton of fugly stuff to work with in my stash so I'm not sure I'll ever get to them. I'm fairly certain all have been pre-washed. Here's what's inside (starting at the top and working down):
  • Bloomsbury Square by Fabri-Quilt, Inc. (approx. 26 x 43")
  • Tulip Nouveau #2874 by Ro Gregg (two pieces that are approx. 9 x 36")
  • No name on the selvedge (approx. 2 yards)
  • Shangri-La by 3 Sisters for Moda (approx. 2 yards)
  • No name on selvedge (a little less than 2 yards)
Shipping internationally is likely going to cost me too much, so I'm going to keep this U.S. only. Leave a comment if you're interested in a swap. In your comment, let me know which bundle you'd like and please include a link to a photo of your scraps or other fabric goodies that you'd like to swap. I'll keep this open until both bundles are gone.

You can find this post linked up at the Fugly Fabric Party. Be sure to stop over there and check out all of the awesome fabrics up for grabs! 

18 comments:

  1. I like the first one I am #20 if you want to swap. Email me Im in WV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Thanks for stopping by. I just sent you an email. :)

      Delete
  2. I think my fugly bundle is worse than yours. =) I won't toy with a swap and make you sick. =) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I checked out your fabric and I think that we could tie for fugliest fabrics! ;) Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Do you use batiks? I know I have yellow and orange of these that should be 10" or more squared. If you do I know where it is and can trade you that for bundle 1. I really do want that bundle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have red batiks and I ll send you some scraps that are little for being a pain

      Delete
    2. Sounds good. Let's trade! Just sent you an email. :)

      Delete
  4. I would love to have the second bundle since you want to give it away. I really love all the fabrics and the blues would be great to use in the quilt I am making now for my grandson. Thank you very much. Joyce-ccarter13@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you an email. :) Thanks for taking these off my hands!

      Delete
    2. Joyce, if you're reading this... your email didn't go through. :( Can you write me another comment with the correct address? I'll hold the fabric for you through tomorrow before opening it up to others.

      Delete
  5. Oh you quilting bloggers are so cool! I want to play... this looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see what some of these ladies are giving away! There's some good stuff out there. :)

      Delete
  6. HI. It's me. Thank you sooo much for the fabric! I am very new to the computer so I'm not sure how to do a lot of things. I have to get my grandson to help me and he isn't here right now so I hope I am doing this right. My name is Joyce Carter. My email address is --ccarter13@windstream.net --Thank you again. My grandson will be here tomorrow so he will be able to help me if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I sent another email... let me know if it didn't go through. :)

      Delete
  7. Love your fabrics...post them to me and will post back India fabrics for you as per your requirement. Now thats a swap you possibly cannot deny :)
    check some India fabric at :
    http://creativeinstincts.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/giveaway-frugly-fabric/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your fabrics are lovely! Mine are all spoken for, so unfortunately I can't swap with you. Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. I received your fugly fabrics and I am so excited. Thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm so glad they came so quickly! I'd love to see pictures of what you make with them if you get a chance. :)

      Delete