Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pretty Yellows

As promised, here's a shot of my pretty little stack of yellows. There were 32 of these lovely blocks when all was said and done, and I must say I'm quite pleased with how they turned out. Yellow is such a happy color, and I think these blocks will add a little extra sunshine to my quilt when it's finished.

I know I mentioned in my last post that I hadn't posted the pinks... but I somehow missed them in my search because I snuck them in a post at the beginning of the month. I do, however, have a little preview of the oranges to share today. I have 13 finished so far, with quite a few left to go.


4 comments:

  1. The blocks are adorable!! I love all the little scraps of fabric you've used. I may have to try out a smaller scale quilt of these =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This has been an epic project (I think I may get two lap quilts out of all these blocks) but I bet a mini or doll quilt would be a great way to dip your toes into the postage stamp craziness. :)

      Delete
  2. Good morning, Michelle! I love all the little blocks that you have made. They are really cute. I made a postage stamp quilt top one time using an antique pattern.These blocks were 11x11 finished and you used scraps for each 1 1/2 inch square used in the block. I thought I would NEVER finish this. It was queen sized. It was gorgeous when it was finished though.
    I can't wait to see yours finished. I know it is going to be beautiful! Check back with you later. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce! Your quilt sounds lovely. Do you still have it? Sometimes I feel as though this one will never be finished, too! :) Hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete