Sunday, March 18, 2012

Reds Completed

I love how my red blocks turned out – all 34 of them! It's such a fun color, and I'm guessing these little blocks are going to really make my quilt shine when it's finished. These have actually been finished for quite some time now... at least two weeks, I believe. I've also included a little sneak peek at the yellows. They're finished, as well. I just haven't had a chance to snap a photo of the stack yet.

The Scrap Attack Quilt-Along party is coming up in just a few short weeks and I know there's no way I'm going to get this quilt top finished in time. I was really hoping to finish by the end of the month but there are just so darn many of those tiny squares to sew and not enough free time to sew them. I was a little disappointed at first, but if I'm perfectly honest I also felt a little relieved to let go of the pressure I was putting myself under. Now I can finish it at a more leisurely pace.

That said, I still really want to participate in the party, so this past week I whipped up two scrappy baby quilt tops. One is for my sister-in-law who is expecting her second daughter and the other is for donation. I'll post about each one later this week, after I've had a chance to take some photos.

You can find this post linked up at:

10 comments:

  1. These are looking good!! Cant wait to see the finished result! How long did it take to cut all the squares??

    I'm holding a small swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/anyone-want-to-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie! I started cutting into my scraps back at the end of November and I finished my first set of blocks at the end of January.... so at least two months. I've got two little ones running around, so my sewing/cutting time is limited to evenings.

      I'll head on over to your blog to check out your swap. :)

      Delete
  2. Very gorgeous, I love the reds. This inspires me to do something with my boxes of scraps, already sorted into colours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Scraps are so fun and can be made into so many pretty things. I hope you find a fun scrappy project to start! :)

      Delete
  3. These are fabulous and I would so love to make myself a pile of these too :) I found you over on the SewHappyGeek link party. Amy from www.craftyshenanigans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'm going to check out your blog right now. :)

      Delete
  4. Great blocks! Your quilt is going to be amazing. Those squares look awfully tiny ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see how they all look together! And you're right about the tininess of the squares... they're cut to 1.5" square before sewing!

      Delete