Tuesday, May 1, 2012

One color down, one to go!

I've finally made some headway on my postage stamp blocks. It's been a few months, but I've finished the last of 30 orange blocks. Aren't they incredibly bright and cheerful?

When I first started this quilt, I was a bit worried that I wouldn't have enough orange to keep up with all of the green, red and blue scraps I was cutting into. Thankfully, I was able to swap for some orange scraps through the Fugly Fabric Party back in February (psst... there's another one coming up soon!) and I ended up with enough orange blocks to round out my quilt.

Next up is green... and I can say with confidence that this is my last color.  I don't think I can bring myself to cut any more tiny squares! I'm still in the process of sorting those out, but I should have a block or two to show you soon.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, looks great. Orange often gets ignored but it can really make a quilt pop!! Can't wait to see it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle!

      I think you're right. I felt lucky to have received so many yummy orange scraps in my original scrap package and also in the swap. It really is a fun color, especially if you find the right prints. And while I don't think I'd make an entire quilt using orange, it's great for an accent color.

      Delete
  2. Wow great to see you're still going with those blocks! Love those orange fabrics =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a bit of an effort to finish up the oranges. I had lost my motivation about halfway through. But I'm ready to get started on those greens soon, so hopefully I'm back on track. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Michelle. Love the orange blocks. They're all looking good. But you saved the best for last. Green is my favorite color. You are getting to the end now so you will have them finished and the quilt put together before you know it.It's going to be fantastic! Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce! I love green too!! I can't wait to at least finish all of the blocks. It's been a lot harder to get moving on these last two colors. But you're right, the end is in sight and it will be finished soon (hopefully!). :)

      Thanks for your sweet note, by the way. I just sent you a reply in the mail today. :)

      Delete
  4. AHHHH!!! This quilt is going to be amazing... I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn! Now, if only I could get motivated to start sewing those green blocks! :)

      Delete