Monday, August 6, 2012

I went crazy.

I spent my entire Fat Quarter Shop gift certificate in a moment of insanity pure bliss late last week. And look what showed up today!
  1. Timeless Treasures Blue Mod Cars
  2. Sweet on NYC White Taxi Cabs
  3. City Streets Olive Busy Downtown
  4. City Streets Orange Tossed Wind-Up Cars
  5. Michael Miller White Dig It
  6. Ten Little Things Orange Trucks
  7. City Centre Light Blue City Grid
  8. City Centre Red Stacked Cars
  9. Cone Zone Green Construction Zone

And, of course, I needed a coordinating solid, right? Kona Steel seemed like a perfect complement to all those cars and trucks.

What will all this fabric goodness become? My little guy is in need of a quilt to cover his big boy bed. I've been planning a unique (to me, at least, since I haven't seen this design anywhere before) block just for this quilt.

I can't get started just yet, as I still have to finish the wedding quilt for my brother and future sister-in-law first. Hopefully I'll be able to get moving on it soon!

13 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, this is gonna be the coolest quilt ever!!!!!!!!!! your little man will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even tell you how excited I am to make this quilt. I had so much fun splurging on the fabric – hooray for gift certificates! I ended up spending all but $.03 of it!!! :) The best part will be making the blocks. I have this awesome idea in my head and I can't wait to get started on it!

      Delete
  2. Am in love with your fabric choice! They seem like sooo much fun! And the litlle trucks and cars so cute...just perfect for a boy!! Can't wait to see your block idea!...dying with curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be so fun! I can't wait to see how the first one comes out. I promise to share as soon as I do! :)

      Delete
  3. Great selection of boy fabrics! Hope you get the other quilt finished soon =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! I really, really need to get cracking on it! I only have until the first week in October and when you factor in kids and pregnancy fatigue... it's not as much time as you might think!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous package to find on your doorstep! All of that fabric is so much fun! (and you got to get it with a gift certificate! NICE!) I can't wait to see your little guys quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It it really was thrilling to see that package at my door! I'm such a frugal person that there's just no way I'd ever spend that kind of money on a single project. The gift certificate was incredibly liberating!

      Delete
  5. Wow, how wonderful! All of those are just super adorable.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! I had a lot of fun shopping for them and I can't wait to get started on my little guy's quilt! :)

      Delete
  6. These are some great prints! Can't wait to see what you make :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kara! I'm really in love with them and I can't wait to finish up some other projects so I can get started on this one! :)

      Delete
  7. I love how you have mixed and matched the prints! Thank you for choosing my City Streets fabrics to create a special piece for your little one. I would love to see the fininshed project when it is complete. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete