Saturday, September 15, 2012

Softly Against Black: Mosaic Contest Entry

Rachel of Stitched in Color has teamed up with the folks at Fresh Modern Fabric to host a super-fun mosaic contest. The theme is "Softly Against Black" and all you have to do is create a mosaic of 12 fabrics found in the Fresh Modern Fabric shop and share your link on Rachel's post for a chance to win.

I ran out of thread tonight with only inches left to go on the quilting of my brother's wedding quilt (of course!), so I had a little time on my hands. The rabbit print was my inspiration fabric. It made me think of bedtime stories and how peaceful my sweeties look when they are sleeping.
You can all of these little beauties over at Fresh Modern Fabric right now. 

8 comments:

  1. I love this! You pulled the colors together beautifully, and I adore that rabbit print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! I had a lot of fun putting it together. That rabbit print is by far my favorite too! If I have time, maybe I'll do another one. ;)

      Delete
  2. A great choice of colours there! Good luck in the contest =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie! Are you going to put one together?

      Delete
  3. I guess you're brothers quilt will get finished this week instead? Hey- running out of thread probably gave you the break you needed :) Absolutely beautiful fabrics up there! Good luck, hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crossing my fingers that I can get the quilting done in the next day or so. After I wrote the post I looked at the quilt and realized that I need to fill in a couple of areas near the top so that it looks as densely quilted as the second half. You're right, though, I did need the break! :)

      Glad you like the fabrics I chose. Wouldn't they make a great snuggle quilt for the little ones?

      Delete
  4. I've been seeing these mosaics. It's a great theme and I love your selections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! I wasn't sure where to go with the theme at first... then I saw that rabbit print and knew it would be my inspiration print. I'm glad you enjoyed my mosaic! :)

      Delete