Thursday, November 1, 2012

Meet Peter Pan and Lightning McQueen.

Halloween was a huge success at our house this year. How did it go for you?

This year, Miss C. wanted to be Peter Pan. I had originally planned to make a Peter Pan costume for her, but as luck would have it my mom found a fancy Disneyland costume (complete with shoe covers, hat, belt and shirt) for just $4 at the thrift store the very afternoon that she and I spoke about the kids' costume choices. (I call my mom "The Thrift Store Whisperer" – she can find most anything there, including vintage items worth five to ten times more than she pays for them!) We picked up an inexpensive pair of leggings and a red feather for the hat, and Miss C. was ready to go.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Master W.'s costume took a little more time to put together. The end result was so worth it, though. He had a blast running around in his "NaQueen" costume last night and can't wait to play with it again and again.

I hope you and your families enjoyed a safe Halloween this year!

You can find this post linked up at:

6 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle!!! Their costumes are SO SO SO wonderful! Look at that smile of Master W's face. Those are some happy and adorable little trick or treaters. Hooray! I'm glad that they had such a great day. I'll have to email you a pic of my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like how they turned out! I'm going to email you (hopefully tonight) with the unedited version of the photo so you can get the full effect with their smiling faces. :) I can't wait to see your kids in their costumes!!

      Delete
  2. Their costumes look so great!! So adorable you did a fantastic job! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE A WIZARD!!!!!!!!!!! These are amazing!! Crafty people just have me in awe. And look at his happy little face!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! Really, though, I'm no wizard! :) I'll email you the real photo so you can get the full effect. The kids had so much fun!

      Delete