Thursday, January 31, 2013

January finish.

It's the end of the month and time to check in on our January goals for A Lovely Year of Finishes over at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs

This month, I gave myself the goal of finishing up my second postage stamp quilt top. I must have been super-motivated, because I actually managed to finish it up by mid-month! Of course, then I set it aside in favor of other projects and haven't had time to pick it up again just yet.

I'm sure I'll incorporate my quilt into my February goal. I'm really enjoying this link-up so far. It's been a great way to stay motivated!

6 comments:

  1. What pretty colours you have chosen; fresh and springlike. Someone is going to be very comfortable under that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! This is the first quilt that I've made with myself in mind. It's going to have a home on our couch, where my family can enjoy snuggling underneath it for movies and evening reading. Just looking at it makes me happy.

      Delete
  2. It's so beautiful Michelle! I'm now going to write you an email before I get distracted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn! I can't wait to start quilting it. I'm hoping to finish it before the weather turns too warm, so we can enjoy using it for a while before it gets hot again!

      I just got your email... and sent off a reply. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's going to be such a pretty quilt! I wonder how you'll quilt it with that negative space?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! I have no idea how I'm going to quilt it... I've been wondering about that these past few weeks. I want to make sure that it's dense enough to ensure that those little seams all stay put, but I've never done FMQ and am afraid to try it on a quilt so precious to me. Any suggestions?

      Delete