Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Lovely Year of Finishes: February Goal

Last month my goal was to finish my postage stamp quilt top. I may have finished it early, but all progress came to a grinding halt as soon as the top was finished. Yes, I've be distracted by a few small projects but the real reason I haven't started quilting it is that I haven't been able to settle on how I want to quilt it. All those tiny squares are begging to be secured with some lovely quilting but I've been stumped as to just how I'm going to do it.

So, with that in mind here are my goals for February:
  1. Assemble and pin-baste the quilt sandwich.
  2. Research and choose a quilting design.
Want to join in? Stop on by at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs to join the party!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun with the design process. Looking forward to seeing what you will come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I'm still too scared to try free motion quilting, especially on a quilt I love so much, but I do want to stretch myself and try something new. We'll see what that ends up looking like. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my. . this is grand. Can't wait to see your progress. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shanna! I surpassed my goal and have begun quilting... I'm getting closer to the finish line and it's so exciting!

      Delete