Saturday, February 23, 2013

February finish.

It's the end of the month and time to check in on our February goals for A Lovely Year of Finishes over at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs

This month, I gave myself a couple of modest goals for my postage stamp quilt: assemble and pin-baste the quilt top, and research and choose a quilting design. Well, the quilt has been pin-basted, the quilting design has been chosen and quilting has begun!

I wanted a design that would allow me to use my walking foot, and found a great post filled with ideas over at Petit Design Co. She did an awesome 31-day series on quilting with your walking foot. I highly recommend checking it out if you're looking for some fresh quilting ideas. I found my own inspiration while reading her post on circles.
So far the spiral is looking beautiful. I have run into a few minor problems, but I'm learning from them and hopefully my mistakes will help me as I strive to become a better quilter. I'll post more about that in a complete wrap-up when I show the final quilt. Maybe I'll have it finished in time for the March link-up!

6 comments:

  1. That looks amazing Michelle! WOW! I love the circles! hey we had the ultra sound this week :) I need to send you pix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting!!! Please send me a photo. I always loved getting ultrasounds... I never tired of seeing the baby move inside my belly. And each time I was filled with wonder. It never gets old!

      Delete
  2. Great job, Michelle. The stitching looks amazing. It isn't crooked at all (like mine would be)LOL
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce! I used my walking foot as a guide, so it was pretty easy to do. I bet you could do it too! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quilt annd lovely quilting. Thanks for the link to 31 Day of Walking Foot Quilting ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete