Monday, May 6, 2013

A Lovely Year of Finishes: May Goal

Last night I started the quilting on my String Fever quilt and I'm already so excited by how it's coming along. I decided to quilt it using the geometric quilting that I chose for my brother's wedding quilt, only this time I'm going to leave the quilting a bit looser. I think the looser quilting will keep the quilt extra soft for the baby, but still allow me to stitch over all of those random strings used to construct the top.

This is going to be my last new quilt project before I get started on Master W.'s bed quilt (finally!), so my May goal is to finish the quilt by the end of the month. Finishing it this month has an added bonus of ensuring that my friend receives it well before her baby arrives!

12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty - I cannot wait to see how you quilt it. I love all the fun fabrics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie! I had a lot if fun pairing up scrappy strings for this quilt and I'm really pleased with how well they all seem to work together. I'm hoping to finish the quilting in the next week or so, so hopefully I'll have something to show you soon!

      Delete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see this one done! It's looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! It was an exciting moment to see all of the blocks sewn together - they look even better than I had hoped! :)

      Delete
  3. Pretty quilt!! I love all the happy colors and the different bits of fun fabric. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gina! It's been a lot of fun to stitch this one up. I can't wait to see how it turns out when it's finished. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, that string fever quilt is going to be beautiful! I have one I'm trying to finish up, but we shall see! Good luck getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck finishing yours, too! I'm glad you like this one. It's been a lot of fun to put together.

      Delete
  5. Hi, I have sent you an email, but this is a backup :-) Just to let you know that you won my Sew Mama Sew Giveaway
    Can you email me with your address please
    Thanks, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! I'm so excited! I sent the email off to you, and left a comment on your blog as well. Thanks for hosting such a great giveaway!

      Delete