Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom.

I love my mom. She's generous and kind, an amazing listener and the best "Ama" my kids could have ever dreamed up. I love her so much and still wish every day that I could be more like her.
Last weekend was her birthday and I wanted to make her something special. She and my dad are both retired, so they have been doing a little bit more traveling around the country these past few years. With that in mind, I thought maybe she could use something special for her travels, so I made a little zippy pouch for her to tuck her small things in when she's on the road.

The exterior is made almost exclusively from Vintage Modern charm squares that I cut into fours and mixed around until they seemed happy together (the only non-Vintage Modern prints are the scrappy zipper tabs). The interior is left over from the backing used on my postage stamp quilt (The Simple Life by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake Designs).

Mom opened up her gift on her birthday last weekend. Her squeezy hug told me just how much she loved it.

6 comments:

  1. That is so adorable. What a perfect gift! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just so glad she loved it. Thanks for your sweet comment! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn! I need to make myself one of these - I really love how it turned out! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I am most definitely a lucky daughter. I couldn't have picked a more wonderful mother.

      Delete