Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus

I always love it when my favorite illustrators of children's books debut a fabric collection. Nearly every child has a favorite bedtime story. It's the lucky few that have a quilt to match.

Mo Willems is the latest children's book illustrator to turn one of my favorite children's books into fabric greatness. Cloud 9 Fabrics has recently released a new collection of organic fabric, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, in honor of the book's 10th anniversary.

The first time I read 'Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus' was when Miss C. was just a toddler. We happened upon it at the library and took it home on a whim. We read that book over and over and over again! Miss C. cracked up every time I read it, and I just loved watching her expressive little face as she followed along.

I had heard about the fabric about a week ago, so I zipped on over to Fat Quarter Shop* to check it out. I just love how the collection turned out and wish I could get my hands on every single print in the line, though I must admit my favorite has to be Chorus Line. The expressions on that pigeon's face are priceless!

* Thank you to the good folks at Fat Quarter Shop for sending me one of your graphics to use in this post. This isn't a sponsored post, I just like their shop! 


4 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!! i love the piece where the Pigeon is laying on his back squawking. Mo Willems fabric. Possibly the most genius idea to EVER HIT MANKIND!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! This fabric deserves a serious amount of internet shouting, don't you think? :)

      Delete
  2. I want to design fabric! Wouldn't that be such a great job.\? We could get all our very very favorite characters and illustrations. :) So glad there is pigeon fabric available! I really need to get some for my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so much fun! I really think this pigeon fabric would make an awesome quilted library bag. Maybe someday, right? xoxo

      Delete