Saturday, August 31, 2013

August finish.

I must admit I was feeling rather ambitious when I came up with this month's goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes, hosted by Fiber of All Sorts and Sew Bitter Sweet Designs.

To start I had six blocks left to make, which isn't too bad. I finished them up in two nights. Then I had to arrange them into the final quilt top design (which took an entire evening) and start quilting (another evening). Oh, and toss in other miscellaneous to-do items to get Miss C. ready to go back to school and August was a rather busy month!

All in all, I'm super excited about how this quilt is shaping up. Laying out all the blocks really made my original idea come to life. The quilting design I chose is a simple one – alternating straight lines – which I think will be perfect for my little boy's room.

2 comments:

  1. He's going to be over-the-moon about this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! I think he will be, too. I showed him my progress on it this weekend and he asked if we could put it on his bed. LOL I'm so glad he's excited about it!

      Delete