Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Lovely Year of Finishes: November goal

My sewing machine is lonely.

It's been nearly two weeks since I put the final stitches in Master W's quilt and I haven't been able to drag myself back to my sewing table.

I have nothing planned. There's not a single project in progress. And when I look at my fabric my mind draws a blank.

If I could just start something – anything – I think I'd be over the biggest hurdle.

So this month, I'm sticking to a teeny, tiny goal: make a Christmas gift for Miss C.'s first grade teacher. Miss C. has asked for a zippy pouch for her teacher, using a brightly-colored, not-quite-finished block that I'd abandoned from an earlier project.

Sounds good to me. Let's get sewing.

You can find this post over at the A Lovely Year of Finishes link-up, hosted by Fiber of All Sorts and Sew Bitter Sweet Designs.

4 comments:

  1. The inspiration will come right back to you; the instant you are at your sewing machine. As you stitch the zippy pouch, you will be dreamimg of other projects that you would like to do. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed zippy pouch as well as whatever comes next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping will happen! Taking time to go through my fabric – and even just sitting at the machine – usually gets my wheels turning and it isn't long before inspiration strikes.

      Of course, then there are moments like this afternoon when my kids each got a set of marbles and I thought, "Oooooh, I should make them each some little pouches or bags for their marbles!"

      Maybe I'll be sewing sooner than I thought... :)

      Delete
  2. Yep, just get sewing again. Using an old block - super smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! I'm looking forward to experiencing "idea overload" again!

      Delete