Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes: 2013 Wrap-Up

Last year I took part in a wonderful little project called A Lovely Year of Finishes, hosted by Fiber of All Sorts and Sew Bitter Sweet Designs. Each month participants were challenged to set one goal and then complete it. It could be something as simple as cutting fabric for a new quilt or as elaborate as free motion quilting a bed-sized quilt. The goal was to do a little something each month so that we'd all have a lovely stack of finishes to be proud of at the end of the year.

I looked through my archives and I participated in 10 out of 12 months! And while I didn't necessarily complete a project in its entirety in each of those months, my goals for each month often led to a bigger finish a few months down the road. 

I'm so proud of what I was able to accomplish each month. In the end, all of those little finishes led to five amazing bigger finishes!

Here's the breakdown, month-by-month:
I can't wait to get started on another year of A Lovely Year of Finishes.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful line-up of finishes! You should feel great satisfaction in what you have accomplished and your little ones will be warm and cozy (and very fashionable!), throughout their childhood. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You know, sometimes I worry that I don't make enough things for my own children... I have always wished for more time and resources to make their clothes. But looking at everything I was able to accomplish last year, I'm actually quite happy. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh what a great group of finishes! Thanks for participating. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting! I really enjoyed participating in the link-ups each month. It really helped keep me on track with my projects last year. I will most definitely be participating again this year. xoxo

      Delete