Monday, April 7, 2014

In progress: An equilateral triangle quilt

I was completely blown away the first time I ever saw an equilateral triangle quilt. It was so beautiful, so completely orderly.

And I added it to my list of quilts that I wanted to make.

Flash forward a few years and I finally took the plunge... after picking up the handy-dandy Sidekick Ruker from Jaybird quilts.

Look, I know I'm probably the very last quilt blogger to jump on this bandwagon... but listen up ladies: If you haven't tried this ruler yet and you want to make an equilateral triangle quilt then get yourself online right now and order one. 

It really is that good. It slices! It dices! It juliennes fries! Oh, wait... 

It doesn't do all that, of course. But it does allow you to cut perfect diamonds, triangles and half triangles in four sizes. And putting it all together has been a snap.

I'm nearly finished assembling a semi-scrappy quilt top, which will soon be transformed into a baby quilt for my sister-in-law, who is expecting baby girl #3.

Here's a sneak peak....

Isn't that going to be so cute? My goal is to finish the top by the end of the month. I can't wait to see it all put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment