Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Darth Vader big boy wallet

Miss C. had another birthday party to attend a few weeks back, this time for one of the boys in her class.

I was a little nervous at first, wondering if I could pull off a handmade gift that would appeal to a boy, but was surprised to see quite a few awesome ideas on Pinterest. I finally settled on this little Darth Vader wallet, using the noodlehead tutorial I had already pinned quite a while back.

The pattern is super easy and the wallet came together quickly. The Darth Vader image came from some leftover Star Wars fabric I had laying around. The outer blue fabric was the last of the remnants of a heavy Ikea curtain I had cut up for other projects a few years back, and the gray came out of my quilting scraps. I used some iron-on interfacing with glue on both sides to keep it from fraying and falling off, then did a simple zig-zag stitch all around. 

Done!

6 comments:

  1. Another smashing idea and great kid gift. You are definitely my "go to" blog for everything "kid" related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! You are just too sweet with your very generous note. :) The noodlehead tutorial is brilliant. I love the online sewing community; it's just so neat that people share their ideas and patterns so we can all make cool stuff together. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Robyn, you could totally whip this out! It was so easy and took hardly any time. I could send you the Darth Vader cut-out if you want. Just let me know. xoxo

      Delete