Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It was a zippy kind of Christmas

This year's handmade Christmas gifts were all zippered pouches, each one scrappy with a linen background. I love everything about making them, from choosing just the right prints from my scraps to putting them together assembly line style. They're just super fun.
From the top, going row-by-row with front and back photos:

  • A cute little patchwork pouch for my brother-in-law's super-sweet girlfriend. I haven't known M. long, but I took a guess at the kinds of colors she might like and she seemed quite happy with the end result.
  • A pretty alphabet print pouch for Miss C.'s teacher. I love the gray and teal combo on this one. There's a little Summersville in there, as well as some Denyse Schmidt for JoAnn's that I scored late 2013 on clearance.
  • A scrappy block pouch, leftover from my Love quilt. This one was for Master W.'s teacher, whom I know has dogs. See those tiny doggies in the block? I hope she did too! And, um, excuse the lack of a photo of the back of the pouch. I just forgot to take one, I guess... oops! Oh well, how about a photo of the pretty insides instead?

Now I'm itching to make one for myself!

2 comments:

  1. The pouches are beautiful and look professionally made. Very lucky recipients. I like your choice of colours with the gray fabric. Is that a natural linen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is linen, though I can't be sure if it was dyed or natural in color. I love how well linem pairs with brighter colors, giving them a little polish. I'm glad you love them as much as I do!

      Delete